Cardinal Brief: Sept. 5 – 9

Rachel Nelson

The senior section “turns down for what” at the Despicable Me-lissa themed pep rally Sept. 2. This will be a new tradition for the student section at the football games between the third and fourth quarters.

Abbie Chaloupka, Co-Editor-in-Chief

The last Cardinal Update was Sept. 7, 2022, at 9:30 a.m. 

Cardinal Update

• There will be no school Monday, Sept. 5 for the Labor Day holiday.
  • Congratulations to Mrs. Brittany Rosch who is the Cardinal Football Teacher of the Week.
  • Congratulations to Mr. Brett Gustaveson (Senor G) for receiving the “Extra Yard Award.” This award is given by the Texas High School Coaches Association to celebrate a teacher that has gone above and beyond for the community and students.
  • The Academy After School Program is hiring! Click here for the link to learn more and apply. These jobs are open to anyone 16 and older. The pay is $11 per hour and the hours are flexible.
  • SENIORS: CADY is returning to campus Sept. 13 to take Senior Portraits. Visit CADY.com/Book23 to make an appointment. (Remember you must be photographed by CADY to be included in the yearbook.) Email adviser [email protected] with any questions. Click here to view a flyer.
  • EARLY CARDINAL SPECIAL: Yearbooks are on sale now through Sept. 30 for the low price of $60, which includes one FREE line of name stamping. Click here to order your yearbook today!
  • If you’d like to purchase some Melissa Wrestling apparel and support this program, click here for the online store. Sales end Sept. 6.
  • Melissa Cross Country also has a team store available year-round to order spirit apparel. Click here to order.

Upcoming Events

• Sept. 5 – Labor Day – School Holiday
  • Sept. 6 – JV, 9th & Varsity Volleyball @ Brock – 5 & 6 p.m.
  • Sept. 8 – JV & 9th grade Football vs Royse City – 5  & 7 p.m.
  • Sept. 9 – Varsity Football @ Royse City – 7:30 p.m.
  • Sept. 9 – Varsity, JV & 9th Volleyball @ Lovejoy – 5, 6 & 6:30 p.m.
  • Sept. 10 – Cross Country @ McKinney Boyd Bronco Stampede – 7 a.m.
  • Sept. 13 – Senior Portraits on campus
  • Sept. 14 – Driver’s Ed classes begin (class is full)
  • Sept. 15 – College Fair – Juniors & Seniors only
  • Sept. 22 – School Picture Day

Quick Links