Texas State Fair runs through Oct. 23

Rawpixel

Big Tex, 55-foot-tall statue and marketing icon of the annual State Fair of Texas held at Fair Park in Dallas, Texas.

Jayden Cruz, Reporter

The State Fair of Texas is one of the funnest places and is really big because they have a ton of attractions and other events.
The annual event takes place in Fair Park in Dallas and opens each day at 10 a.m. and runs until 7, 8, or 10 p.m., depending on the day of the week. The fair opened on Sept. 30 and runs through Oct. 23.
The fair was established in 1886 to promote “Texas agriculture, education, and community involvement through quality entertainment in a family-friendly environment,” according to the About Us page on BigTex.com.
The Texas State Fair has a music festival almost every single day until the fair closes and features some famous singers like Trace Adkins, Ashanti, Preservation Hall, Chris Perez, Kraig Parker, Lucinda Williams, Fitz and the Tantrums, Night Ranger, and many more. A lot of this music is country music because Texas is the biggest state that has the most production of country music in the world.

“Personally, I don’t like country music, but it does go well with the whole Texas theme,” freshman Dylan Leszka said.

The Texas State Fair has a huge livestock of cows, pigs, sheep, and more. Also, they have shows and auctions for the animals that bidders can try and win, and rodeos are coming, as well.

The Texas State Fair Livestock Schedule

The state fair has some interesting foods along with the original fair food such as corn dogs, burgers, and cotton candy. They have a wine garden and other drinks that are for patrons 21 years of age and older. The fair also has celebrity chefs that come and cook for people kind of like a cooking show, but the most fun part about these foods is that they are new foods like the “MotherClucker Chicken Sandwich” or like the “Chocolate Dipped Cheesecake on a Stick.”

The Texas State Fair New Foods