[Opinion] Tips for less stressful Halloween

Flickr.com

Kaitlyn Johnson, Reporter

The year is coming to an end, which means Halloween is approaching with the festivities of dressing up, trick-or-treating and engaging in the spooky season. Many people are conflicted on what to be for this holiday.

As new movies, games, and shows progress into our era, we develop new costumes to use during Halloween, though the classics still stay, like the most popular costume in America is still a witch. Many states have their differences. For instance, Texas’ most popular costume in 2020 was Harley Quinn. From classic to popular, here are some spooky suggestions for Halloween this year.

Some students like to pick costumes that correlate with popular TV shows or movies.

“I am going to be Patrick Batemen from ‘American Psycho’ because it’s funny,” senior Jayden Barrett said.

Though Halloween can be fun, it can also be dangerous. Taking precautions to ensure your safety is a must, and those procedures should include checking your candy, making sure everyone in your party is accounted for, and knowing your location.

The US Drug Enforcement Agency has issued warnings this year that drug traffickers are pushing “‘rainbow fentanyl’–fentanyl pills and powder that come in a variety of bright colors, shapes, and sizes.” Many candies can be mistaken for harmful substances to consume due to them being colorful and including Halloween-like shapes, so parents and students should check all candy carefully.