[Opinion] FC Barcelona, PSG are two of best soccer clubs

Sandro Halank | Wikimedia Commons

Dylan Leszka, Reporter

When Americans hear the term “football,” they often think of the National Football League (NFL) or those “Friday Night Lights”; however, much of the world is a fan of the original sport where players kick a ball with their feet known as soccer here in America.

A professional soccer player is an athlete who plays soccer for a living. They do physical training, practice with their team and compete professionally with other professional teams. These athletes play for a football club (FC) to earn the classification of a professional soccer player.

Professional teams work hard to win games and World Cups. They have a high skill level and they’re fun to watch. These following two teams are really important to me and are both skillful teams.

FC Barcelona
FC Barcelona is renowned for its historically skillful and attractive brand of attacking soccer that places an emphasis on flowing, open play. FC Barcelona is in the top three in the most viewers in the world. Barcelona also has more than one club. They invented their own style formations and ways to work as a team. FC was founded by a Swiss man.
Freshman Jayden Cruz, JV soccer player, shared his opinion about FC Barcelona.

“It’s a well thought team that has the skills to achieve anything,” Cruz said.

PSG (Paris Saint-Germain)
PSG is best known for being one of two French clubs to have won a major European title. PSG is in the top four of the most viewed teams in the world. The club was founded in 1970. The owners who founded PSG are Guy Crescent, Henri Patrelle, and Pierre-Etienne Guyot. PSG is owned by Qatar Sports Investments. In 2011, Qatar Sports Investments took a 70% share with PSG, becoming their only shareholder just a year later. PSG has won 31 titles and is the most successful club in football history in France. They also won the Trophee des Champions, Coupe de Ligue, and Coupe de France.
Sophomore and varsity soccer player Nick Hernandez is not a fan of PSG.

“PSG can die and burn in a fire because I do not like Mbappe whatsoever,” Hernandez said.