Techer Spotlight: Señorita Hare

Caitlyn Christe

Señorita Hare teaching in her classroom

Caitlyn Christe, Reporter

Year after year, new teachers come to make the high school experience better and brighter. Jill Hare is no exception as a new faculty member teaching both Spanish 1 and 2.

“I love Melissa ISD!” Hare said.

With her positive attitude towards the school, she strives to make the campus a great place. When Senorita Hare found out about Melissa ISD, she knew it was something she wanted to be a part of and contribute her skills.

“Melissa High School is the best,” Hare said. “As a Melissa mom, I wanted to be part of this team the moment I saw how much the teachers and staff cared about the students and the community.”

With the acceptance of the high school community, Hare fell in love with everything about the district.

“Everything about Melissa ISD is my favorite!” she said. “If I had to choose one thing, I would say my favorite thing about Melissa ISD is that everything we do is for the students! Go, Cards!”

Teachers want their students to excel and see them grow. A classroom that sparks creativity and evaluation is one of Senorita Hare’s goals.

“In the World Language Department, students are evaluated by speaking and writing in the target language,” Hare said. “Specifically, I listen and watch for each individual student’s growth. Every student learns at a different pace and deserves to be evaluated individually when possible.”

While some parts of starting a job can be easy, other parts can be difficult and stressful at first. However, Senorita Hare found ways to overcome these obstacles.

“I wouldn’t call it a challenge as much as a learning curve,” she said. “Starting in a new district is always a little daunting, but the high school team and the World Language Department welcomed me with open arms and has been by my side every step of the way.”