Student Spotlight: Kennedy Brantley

Alexis Ware

Junior Kennedy Brantley runs a route during a game against Crandall.

Kimora Castleberry, Reporter

Junior and 6’4″ wide receiver Kennedy Brantley is a Division One (D1) NCAA recruit. He has recovered from not one but two ACL tears. Throughout his high school football career, injuries have been a big obstacle for him but with adversity, he has been able to jump through these hurdles and improve himself.

“I give my body the rest it needs and continue doing lots of physical therapy in order to get my body where it needs to be,” Brantley said.

Though Brantley isn’t at the level of play he usually would be, he continues to try to better himself, doing things such as staying positive and anything in his spare time he feels could improve his state of health.

“When the football or basketball team is at practice, I lift weights or do physical therapy,” Brantley said.

At the age as young as seven, Brantley discovered that he had a strong interest in football. During his youth, he grew up watching his brother play. He remembers how they went to the backyard to throw a football and how it sparked his passion for the sport.

“I used to play catch with my brother Camden a few years ago in the backyard,” Brantley said. “And when I went to one of his football games, I kinda just found a strong interest in it. That’s when I started playing. He taught me how to play and as I got older I started going to trainers. Now I am where I am today, and my brother is about to walk on at Alabama.”