The student news site of Melissa High School

Cardinal Connection

Cardinal Connection

Cardinal Connection

Teacher Spotlight: Aubrey Moore

Korinne George

This year, a new face joins the Melissa Theatre Company as one of the now three high school directors, and her name is Aubrey Moore. Although it’s her first year at Melissa High School, Moore has already led the Blackbox Company in their annual children’s musical and is on her way to directing the Blackbox Company’s One Act Play (OAP).

Moore graduated from Independence High School in Frisco and later graduated from Stephen F. Austin University with a Bachelor of Fine Arts (BFA) in Acting and Directing.

“I have always wanted to be a teacher, and I have always loved theatre,” Moore said. “It is thanks to my previous directors and teachers that I am doing what I do today.” Moore hopes to “inspire the same love for this art form in others.”

Most recently, Moore directed the Blackbox Company’s “Schoolhouse Rock LIVE Jr.” on December 8 and 9.

“Each show I have directed holds a special place in my heart,” Moore said. “[‘Schoolhouse Rock LIVE Jr.’] means so much to me as it was the first show I have directed as a high school director and also because I grew up listening to the songs myself.”

Moore says she has “loved getting to work with [her] students on this show… they are some extremely talented kids!”