The student news site of Melissa High School

Cardinal Connection

Cardinal Connection

Cardinal Connection

AV Production medals at UIL Young Filmmakers State Competition

Debi Crawford
The AV Production Team poses for a group photo while attending the UIL Young Filmmakers State Competition in August in March.

Career and Technical Education’s (CTE) Audio Video Production Team earned two medals for fourth and fifth place in the UIL Young Filmmakers State Competition earlier this month.

Students in the Narrative Production class worked in teams for several months to produce two comedy short films. The first film “Co-op” is a buddy comedy about a gamer who discovers a controller that allows him to control his school bully. “Co-op” was written and directed by senior Tyler Evans and placed fourth at state.

The second film “Charade Invasion” is a heist comedy about two students who conspire to break into the school and change a grade in order to save their summer. “Charade Invasion” was written and directed by senior Isaac Sandoval and received fifth place at state.

“Co-op” premiered at the MHS Film Festival last year in May, but the community will be able to enjoy the second film, “Charade Invasion,” at the upcoming MHS Film Festival on May 18. Both films can also be viewed at UIL Film Links.

Co-op: Writer and Director Tyler Evans

• Student Credits: Zander Adams, Jayden Barrett, William Bean, Ashe Bosely, Israel Cisneros, Camille Crews, Ryan Cruz, Tremechie Evans, Johnathan Graves, Max Klimov, Samuel Pevehouse, Muhammad Rahman, Isaac Sandoval, Mitchell Shipp, Anden Stone

Charade Invasion: Writer and Director Isaac Sandoval

• Student Credits: William Bean, Camille Crews, Ryan Cruz, Tyler Evans, Nathan Ferguson, Kayleb Leandre, Samuel Pevehouse, Ronald Prater, Iyana Rouse, Daniel Salcedo, Mitchell Shipp, Aiden St. Pierre, Supreet Sudharshana, Mitchell Warner