Cast of ‘Urinetown’ to perform six shows in November

Brianne Finnell

Saher Asifi, Editor

Next month, the theater arts department will be performing a musical called Urinetown. Tickets went on sale on October 4. The cast will perform on November 16, at 7:00 pm; November 17, at 2:00 pm and 7:00 pm; November 21, at 7:00 pm; and on November 23, at 2:00 pm and 7:00 pm. Click here for more information and to purchase tickets.

Though this may be exciting for most to finally see the cast of Urinetown perform, there have been some ups and downs behind the scenes.

Haylee Stock, a sophomore, shared some insight during a recent interview.

What are you most excited about with this play?
“I think what I am most excited about with this play is probably seeing the audience’s reaction, since we have practiced so many times, and I want to see what they might think or how they might react since most of them may have never seen this play.”

Brianne Finnell
Maddie McGrady and Logan Lowery star in Melissa Theater’s “Urinetown”.

What did you and the cast most struggle with while preparing to perform?
“I think it could be stumbling through the parts to what we practiced earlier in the year. Stuff like that was new to us.”

What made you want to perform in Urinetown?
“I have been in a lot of musicals at my old school, and after I heard of Urinetown, I thought to myself, wait, what kind of play could that be? But anyways, I auditioned for the play and got a part.”

What do you wish to do to improve your performance?
‘’I think at this point it’s all about practicing and perfecting our performance because at this point it’s just turning it from words on a page to actually making it happen.”

If you had the chance, would you dare to change your role for this play? And if you did, what role would you change it to?
“I have to say, maybe I would change it to Little Sally because I think it would be fun to take on another personality and to have a connection with the audience.”