Cardinal Brief Sept. 7-11

Students+return+to+in-person+learning+at+the+high+school+with+a+few+changes--masks%2C+social+distancing+when+possible%2C+sanitizing+and+plexiglass+dividers+in+computer+labs.+

Rachel Nelson

Students return to in-person learning at the high school with a few changes–masks, social distancing when possible, sanitizing and plexiglass dividers in computer labs.

The last Cardinal Update was Sept. 10, 2020, at 10:22 a.m. Check back daily for updates!

Cardinal Update

• Home football tickets: Students should select the “Home Student Bleacher Ticket” when purchasing tickets online if you want to sit in the student section located on the track.
  • Seniors will have first choice to purchase student section football tickets for home games and then sales will open to all grade levels.
  • Driver’s Ed will start Sept. 28th! You can sign-up and get your paperwork in the main office
  • Congratulations to Anna Gressett on finishing in the top 8 in LD debate at the Southlake-Carroll Debate Tournament! The debate team can’t wait to see what you do this year!
  • The Collin, College and Career Counselor, Ms. Howard is back at Melissa High School to help guide students with Dual Credit, Financial Aid, Scholarships, College Admissions Applications and more! She is here on Tuesdays and Thursdays and some Fridays. Her office is located at the Library Room 140. Walk-ins and appointments are welcomed.
  • JV Football @ Pottsboro – Thur., Sept. 10
  • Volleyball (JV1/JV2/V) vs Celina – Fri., Sept. 11 @ 4:30 p.m.
  • V Football vs Pottsboro – Fri., Sept. 11
  • 2021 Yearbooks are now on sale! Early Cardinal Special – $55 with FREE name stamping thru Sept. 30th. Click to order online or download the order form and pay Ms. Nelson in room #A136 on campus or drop off your order in the office.
  • If you did not pick up your 2020 yearbook this summer, they will be distributed to in-person students during 4th period this week. Virtual students–including freshmen, you may pick up your book from the high school office Mon.-Fri., 8 a.m.-4 p.m. If you have any questions, email adviser Rachel Nelson ([email protected]).
  • The Student Union IS open each morning for breakfast! They are serving food truck tacos, coffee, and snacks.
  • Student drivers MUST have a parking permit. Info can be found on the MHS website. Register your car and pay online. Mrs. Malone will email you when your permit is ready.
  • Check your student email at least daily! Lots of important announcements go out that way this year.
  • PINK OUT shirts on sale for volleyball game Oct. 16 – Order your shirt here. Deadline to purchase is Sept. 20.

Upcoming Events

• Picture Day for in-person studentsThurs., Sept. 24 – during your English class
  • Picture Day for virtual students, by appointment only – Fri., Sept. 25; more info coming soon
  • School Holiday – Mon., Oct. 12
  • Homecoming Week – Oct. 12-16

Quick Links

Meet our new teachers