Cardinal Brief: Sept. 28-Oct. 2

Rachel Nelson

With flags flying half-mast to honor the passing of Chief Justice Ginsburg, students and faculty members gather early on Fri., Sept. 25, for fellowship and prayer. This annual event is sponsored by Fellowship of Christian Athletes (FCA).

The last Cardinal Update was Sept. 28, 2020, at 3:24 p.m. Check back daily for updates!

Cardinal Update

• Four cases of COVID-19 have been confirmed at MHS. School will continue as normal. Click here to read the public notice.
  • Two seniors have been recognized as National Merit Commended Scholars. Click to read more.
  • Friday, Oct. 2 is the end of the first six weeks and is a UIL state-mandated grades check for eligibility, so take care of your academics, Cardinals!
  • 2021 Yearbooks are now on sale! Early Cardinal Special – $55 with FREE name stamping thru Sept. 30th. Click to order online or download the order form and pay Ms. Nelson in room #A136 on campus or drop off your order in the office.
  • PSAT – Oct. 14 – Attention Sophomores and Juniors– It’s time to register for the PSAT! Testing will be during the school day on Oct. 14. Registration and $17 payment are due by Oct. 2nd at 4:00 pm. Use the attached link to register.
  • Homecoming plans announced – Click to learn about the festivities!
  • Deadline to order a Homecoming 2020 T-Shirt is Oct. 4. Click here to order.
  • Ms. Howard, Collin College Career counselor, will be hosting a College 101 information session on Tues., Oct. 6 @ 6:30 pm. This event is open to both students and parents via Zoom. Please plan to join to learn more about Colleges and Universities, Scholarships and Financial Aid. Registration is required. Click here to register.
  • Student Council (StuCo) will meet on Fridays @ noon in the Student Union building, or members may join virtually. Click here for the Google Meet link.
  • Any student who is 18 (or will be by Nov. 3), pick up a Voter Registration Card in the main office if you are not registered to vote yet!
  • Oct. 16 is the deadline to request to change your learning method (virtual to in-person or vice versa) beginning the 2nd nine weeks. You must contact Mrs. Hamilton in the front office. Click here to read Mr. Wooten’s letter.

Upcoming Events

• Boys Golf @ Leopard Invitational, Watters Creek Golf Course – Sept. 29
  • V Tennis vs Whitesboro – Sept. 29 @ 4:00 p.m.
  • Volleyball (JV1/JV2/V) @ Van Alstyne – Sept. 29 @ 5:00 p.m.
  • JV Tennis @ Denton Braswell HS – Oct. 1 @ 4:00 p.m.
  • 9th Football vs Argyle- Oct. 1 @ 5:00 p.m.
  • JV Football vs Argyle – Oct. 1 @ 7:00 p.m.
  • Volleyball (JV1/JV2/V) @ Gainesville – Oct. 2 @ 4:30 p.m.
  • V Football @ Argyle – Oct. 2 @ 7:30 p.m.
  • Cross Country @ Celina – Oct. 2
  • School Holiday – Mon., Oct. 12
  • Homecoming Week – Oct. 12-16 – Click to visit the district HOCO page
  • Homecoming Parade – Oct. 14 @ 6:30 p.m. followed by pep rally at Cardinal Stadium
  • PINK OUT Night– Volleyball & Football – Oct. 16
  • Blood Drive – Dec. 3

Quick Links