Kaylee Lewis signs to Oregon State

Elliana Carter, Reporter

On October 21, senior Kaylee Lewis verbally committed to University of Oregon for track and field. For roughly a year before this, the university had been communicating with Lewis and keeping up on her stats as time passed.

Kaylee Lewis celebrates the signing with her family.

While COVID has prevented her from having the usual signing party, it hasn’t stopped her from celebrating. She got to celebrate privately her signing with her parents. On November 11, National Signing Day, Lewis got to mail her National Letter of Intent.

Lewis received a full scholarship to the university that covers both her academic and athletic needs. The events she runs are the 100 and 200 meter dash. Track has been something she has done most of her life and something she loves.

She leaves some words of wisdom for those who are interested in pursuing their sport into college.

“Stay faithful to your dream and stay away from distractions and negative people,” Lewis said. “Going to a D1 or even D2 college is a lot of hard work and dedication, and will only be achieved if you truly love what you’re doing and put in the required work to get there.”

Lewis says she is most excited to visit the campus and meet her new teammates since COVID has delayed this. MHS wishes her luck on her new adventure in Oregon!