Cardinal Brief: Nov. 16-20

Abbie Chaloupka

Senior Judson Greer leads his team to become Regional Champs and qualify for state. Judson finished first individually and the boys cross country team won first place. Soph. Abigail Bass also qualified for state by finishing third in the girls regional division.

The last Cardinal Update was Nov. 18, 2020, at 8:11 a.m. Check back daily for updates!

Cardinal Update

• Learn @ Home Days: Nov. 18-20 – All in-person students will finish this school week remotely, learning from home. Click here to read the district announcement. UIL activities will continue as scheduled.
  • Varsity football will play Kennedale for the area title this Friday, Nov. 20, @ 7:30 p.m. at Mustang Panther Stadium in Grapevine. Click here to purchase tickets.
  • Congratulations to the boys cross country team for becoming regional champs on Nov. 10. Congratulations also to soph. Abigail Bass for finishing third. Now on to state!
  • Congratulations to Anna Gressett and Connor Sale for advancing to the 4A UIL Congressional Debate State Meet in January by placing 2nd and 3rd at the UIL Regional Meet.  This is the first time MHS has qualified for the UIL State Congressional Debate Meet.
  • Kindness Week: Student Council is sponsoring this week to encourage acts of kindness. Dress-up days: Monday – Twin Day, Tuesday – Country vs Country Club Day, Wednesday – Space Day, Thursday – Superhero Day
  • NHS will meet virtually on Fri., Nov. 20 @ 11 a.m. via Google Meet. See the NHS Google Classroom for the meet link.
  • Spring Dual Credit registration is now open. Current dual credit students need to check their MHS email for registration information. The deadline to register is Dec. 2, 2020 @ 5:00 p.m. Please see your counselor if you have any questions.
  • ATTN: SENIORS & SENIOR PARENTS – 2021 Yearbook SENIOR ADS are on sale through Nov. 30. Reserve a spot now. The photos and message will be due by Jan. 31. Click here to purchase online at Balfour.com, or click here for an on-campus order form. Turn in your order to the main office or Ms. Nelson in room #A136 (in the library).
  • Seniors, you can also order your cap/gown, announcements and other items from Balfour by clicking this link. The deadline to order is Jan. 1, 2021.
  • 2021 Yearbooks are on sale for $60 through Nov. 30. Click here to purchase online at Balfour.com, or click here for an on-campus order form. Turn in your order to the main office or Ms. Nelson in room #A136 (in the library).
  • Driver’s Ed classes will be starting again Dec. 14. If interested, sign up in the front office.

Upcoming Events

• Twin Day – Monday, Nov. 16
  • Country vs Country Club Day – Tuesday, Nov. 17
  • JV/VG Basketball vs Lebanon Trail – Nov. 17 @ 5:00 p.m.
  • VB Basketball @ Lake Dallas – Nov. 17 @ 7:00 p.m.
  • Space Day – Wednesday, Nov. 18
  • UIL regional marching band contest – Nov. 18
  • Superhero Day – Thursday, Nov. 19
  • Football (V)Area Playoffs vs Kennedale – Nov. 20 @  7:30 p.m. – Mustang Panther Stadium, Grapevine
  • NHS Meeting – Nov. 20 @ 11 a.m. via Google Meet
  • JV/VG Basketball vs Nocona – Nov. 21 @ 11:00 a.m.
  • Thanksgiving Break – Nov. 23-27
  • Blood Drive – Dec. 3 – sponsored by STUCO – Click for more info.
  • Ugly Sweater Days – Thursdays, Dec. 3, 10, 17

Quick Links