Cardinal Brief: Nov. 30-Dec. 4

Brianne Finnell

Students in Mrs. Tyner’s Child Development classes scratch the circle on candy bars to reveal the gender of their upcoming “flour babies” set to arrive the week after Thanksgiving break.

The last Cardinal Update was Dec. 3, 2020, at 9:45 a.m. Check back daily for updates!

Cardinal Update

• Any students interested in participating in Powerlifting, meet in Coach Pickup’s room, A216, TOMORROW (Dec. 4) @ 10 a.m. to discuss the upcoming season!
  • Congratulations to Cross Country for their success at the state meet over the break. Senior Judson Greer became the 4A boys state champ for the third year in a row and the boys team finished in second place overall. Soph. Abigail Bass finished in fifth place in the 4A girls state race.
  • Congratulations to the Melissa Band for earning all ones at the regional marching contest. They will compete at area on Dec. 8 in Princeton.
  • Congratulations to Robotics for once again advancing to State!
  • ATTN: SENIORS & SENIOR PARENTS – The sale of 2021 Yearbook SENIOR ADS ended Nov. 30. We still have a few spots available, but you will have to purchase directly from Ms. Nelson using an on-campus order form. Cash or check (made payable to MHS) only. The photos and message will be due by Jan. 31.
  • Spring Dual Credit registration ends TODAY! Current dual credit students need to check their MHS email for registration information. The deadline to register is Dec. 2, 2020 @ 5:00 p.m. Please see your counselor if you have any questions.
  • Break out those ugly Christmas sweaters! Join in the fun this Thursday, Dec. 3.
  • Student Council will host a Blood Drive this Thursday, Dec. 3, from 8:45 a.m. to 2:45 p.m. in the main high school gym. Click here for guidelines on teen donations.
  • Seniors, you can also order your cap/gown, announcements and other items from Balfour by clicking this link. The deadline to order is Jan. 1, 2021.
  • Driver’s Ed classes will be starting again Dec. 14. If interested, sign up in the front office.
  • Are you #DigitallyAware? Visit the district’s web site for the #DigitallyAware Social Media Toolkit.
  • Click here for Holiday Discounts from Lifetouch.com!

Upcoming Events

• 9th/JV/VB Basketball @ Frisco-Reedy – Nov. 30 @ 4:30 p.m.
  • JV/VG Basketball @ Lovejoy – Dec. 1 @ 5:00 p.m.
  • Blood Drive – Dec. 3 – sponsored by STUCO – Click for more info.
  • Ugly Sweater Days – Thursdays, Dec. 3, 10, 17
  • JV/VG Basketball @ Sherman – Dec. 4 @ 5:00 p.m.
  • 9th/JV/VB Basketball vs Sherman – Dec. 4 @ 5:00 p.m
  • JV/VG Basketball @ Princeton – Dec. 5 @ 11:00 a.m.
  • Band – UIL 4A Area B Marching Contest @ Princeton – Dec. 8
  • Driver’s Ed starts again – Dec. 14
  • Winter Break – Dec. 21 – Jan. 1
  • Staff Development Day – Jan. 4; students return to school Jan. 5

Quick Links