Kiki’s Cookies & Treats

Mrs. Pinckney launches her own business

Rozleyn Brown, Co-Editor-in-Chief

@KikisCookieandTreats – Instagram

Mrs. Christina Pinckney, ASL and SPED teacher and newlywed, has announced that she has created her own small side business. Her business is a delicious way to let those you love know you care for them. If you’re interested in giving that special someone a tasty treat, Kiki’s Cookies & Treats is the way to go!

“Kiki’s Cookies & Treats is a decorative sugar cookie business that can create some gorgeous and delicious sugar cookies for your big life events and holidays,” Pinckney said. “We also sell decorative boxes to be able to make your own creation at home. I named it Kiki’s Cookies and Treats because everyone in my family calls me ‘Kiki’ and I love the way the name sounds. I added treats because eventually I would like to expand my business to more than just cookies.”

Being a teacher is already a time-consuming job, especially when teachers are also husbands, wives, grandparents, moms and dads. It’s hard to understand why a person with so many tasks would add another one on top of it all. However, Mrs. Pinckney has found the perfect time to do what she loves and has not put a limit on what she is capable of doing.

“Sometimes, when you are doing what you love, you don’t really think about the time!” she said. “Most days I work on my cookie decorating on the weekends and lesson planning during the week. Fortunately, I have a husband who is extremely supportive and does not mind me decorating cookies until 1a.m.!”

Inspiration comes from all sorts of places such as words in a book, a creative teacher, or a mother of five.

“I got my inspiration from a friend of mine–she is a mom of 5 children, triplets and twins!” Pinckney said. “She decorates cookies for weddings, bridal showers, birthdays, and more. I thought, ‘if a mom of 5 kids can find time to do this, I can definitely do it!’”

@KikisCookieandTreats – Instagram

These treats are not just being sold for Valentine’s Day, Mrs. Pinckney has decided that this so-called “small business” will provide for any occasion.

“I will be doing this business year round,” she said. “Since I am just starting off, I am just doing Valentine’s orders right now, but if someone were interested in wedding cookies, baby shower cookies, etc. I will take those orders, too. I plan on creating some Easter bundles when we get closer to the day.”

A delicious way to say I’m thinking about you is only an app away.

“If a student would be interested in buying some cookies, they could go to either my Facebook business page or Instagram business page which is @kikiscookiesandtreats,” Pinckney said. “There they can directly message me to request some cookie bundles or special orders.”