Cardinal Brief: April 12-16

The Lady Cards celebrate junior Christie Stevenson’s home run against Sanger.

The last Cardinal Update was April 13, 2021, at 9:45 a.m. Check back daily for updates!

Cardinal Update

• Congratulations to our Cardinals of the Week! Brooklee Waltrip is the Student Cardinal of the Week, and Ms. Rachel Nelson is the Teacher of the Week. Click here to read more.
  • Both the boys and girls wrestling teams traveled to Carrollton Creekview and competed in the 9-5A District tournament last week. In the boys tournament, Dylan Herrin finished as district runner up. Camden Spragg, Isaiah Hogan, and Bryson Zufelt all finished third and Jay Ndanzia finished 4th. The boys team placed 6th out of 12 teams. 
  • On the girls’ wrestling side, Sammy Brown and Ashley Vasquez finished as district runner up and Vanessa Nnabuike finished as the district champion in their respective weight classes. The girls team finished 5th out of 9 teams in the tournament. All of these athletes have qualified for the regional tournament this Friday and Saturday in Anna. Congratulations to all of our Cardinal Wrestlers!
  • STUCO will host a blood drive Wed., April 14, in the gym. Please donate if you can as there is a national shortage of blood! Click here to read more.
  • Congratulations to varsity girls soccer for an awesome season! Unfortunately, they fell to Henderson in the regional semifinal round on April 6, but overall they were 22-2-2 for the season and ranked #3 in the state. Way to go, Lady Cards!
  • Congratulations to the varsity boys track team for finishing in 2nd place at the area meet April 7 and to the varsity girls for finishing in 3rd place. Click here for the meet results. Good luck to those that will next compete at regionals at Texas A&M – Commerce.
  • Prom will be held this year on April 24 with a Great Gatsby theme. Click here for more info.
  • The next driver’s ed class will start on May 10 and there are only a limited number of spots. Students can sign up in the main office on the first floor.
  • Seniors: We want to celebrate your future plans! Email your counselor a photo of you and your acceptance letter in order to be featured on the #Accepted Wall.

Upcoming Events

• VGB Tennis – District @ Z-Plex – April 12-13
  • JV/V Baseball vs Gainesville – April 13 @ 5 p.m. & 7:30 p.m.
  • Softball vs Gainesville – April 13 @ 6:30 p.m.
  • SAT School Day – April 13
  • Blood Drive – April 14 – seniors need 3 donations to earn a cord for graduation
  • Letter Jacket Fittings – April 16 @ 10 a.m. to noon – Student Union
  • VGB Wrestling Regional Tourn. @ Anna – April 16-17
  • Softball @ Sanger – April 16 @ 5 p.m.
  • JV/V Baseball @ Sanger – April 16 @ 5 p.m. & 7:30 p.m.
  • VGB Track – Regionals @ TAMU-Commerce – April 22
  • Letter Jacket Fittings – April 23 @ 10 a.m. to noon – Student Union
  • Prom – April 24
  • Driver’s Ed begins – May 10 – signup in the main office
  • Bad Weather Makeup Day (Last Day of School) – May 27
  • Graduation – May 27 @ 8 p.m. – Allen Events Center

Quick Links