FCA connects fellow students through faith

Hallie Hendrickson

Diego Hernandez and

Frisco Kykendall Stadium is hosting a Fields of Faith event on Sunday, Oct. 17, at 6:00 p.m. and the Fellow Christian Athletes (FCA) of Melissa High School will be attending.

“I wish I had the opportunity as a student because it gives them a chance to meet with people from surrounding areas and connect with them,” Coach Rachael Van Horn said. “It’s a good way to check in with yourself spiritually and mentally to see how you are–especially with everything everyone’s been going through these past couple years…good time to pause to reconnect with your beliefs.”

Fields of Faith is an event for students led by students where they can all rally together in unison to express their Christian faith. According to the Fields Of Faith website, the purpose of Fields of Faith is for students to gather with their peers, connect with one another, and strengthen their beliefs together.

“Basically ‘See You at the Pole,’ but it’s a larger group of people; it’s a bigger event,” Coach Van Horn said. “It’s a time to pray, read scripture, and reflect on the upcoming year… time for different people of fellowship to come together.”

FCA is responsible for hosting the annual “See You at the Pole” event, which was held on Sept. 22, where students gathered together near the school’s flagpole to express their faith among their peers. At the event, students sang, listened to guest speakers, and held hands while praying.

FCA is a Christian-based club where students can freely express their faith with other students. The organization is primarily led by Coach Manny Avila, but Coach Van Horn and Coach Byford assist, as well. FCA meets Mondays during session A of mega lunch in the academic tower room 404. The club is open to all who are interested.