Cardinal Brief: Oct. 25-29

Rachel Nelson
Varsity boys football won 1st place in the parade.

Abbie Chaloupka, Co-Editor-in-Chief

The last Cardinal Update was Oct. 26, 2021, at 1:00 p.m. Check back daily for updates!

Cardinal Update

• Congrats to Varsity Cross Country as both the boys and girls teams qualified for STATE! The boys who won 1st in district, finished in 2nd place at regionals, with Logan Tauch leading the pack with a 5th place finish. The girls, who won 3rd place at district, finished in 4th place at regionals. Individually, Abi Bass won the gold medal with a new PR of 10:45.38. The teams will compete at the state meet in Austin on Nov. 6.
  • Way to go, junior Rachel Tierney and soph. Ira Roy for competing at the 2021 Collin College Hackathon on Saturday, Oct. 16. Click here to read more.
  • Picture Retakes will be Wednesday, Oct. 27. Any students or staff members absent on the original date in September, or any new students will need to have their photo taken. Due to a shipping mishap, the proofs and packages from the September Picture Day have been delayed, but students should receive them on Tuesday. Sorry for the inconvenience!
  • ATTN: SENIORS – If you have not taken senior portraits yet with Prestige Studios, the photographers will be on campus Tuesday, Nov. 2. You need to sign up for a time slot. Also, check your email for a message from Ms. Nelson with further instructions.
  • Tickets for Melissa Theatre’s fall musical called “Nice Work If You Can Get It” are now on sale. There will be four performances Nov. 13-16. Click here for more info.
  • Interact Club is collecting gently used or new coats and jackets for families in Melissa, Anna, and surrounding Collin County communities. A drop-off box is located outside Mrs. Pinckney’s classroom, A316. The deadline is Nov. 1.
  • Yearbooks are still on sale. The price is now $60 through Nov. 30. Visit balfour.com to order online, or see Ms. Nelson in Room #A136.
  • Senior Ads are available for purchase through Nov. 30. Visit balfour.com to order online, or see Ms. Nelson in Room #A136. Click here for prices and more info.
  • The Melissa Education Foundation (MEF) will host a Community Playoff Tailgate on Saturday, Nov. 6 starting at 5 p.m. in Symmetry Plaza at the high school. Click here for more info.

Upcoming Events

• Oct. 25 – Staff Development Day
  • Oct. 25 – Regionals – Cross County @ Jesse Owens Memorial Complex – 7 a.m.
  • Oct. 25 – Varsity Golf @ Stone Creek Country Club
  • Oct. 27 – Picture Retakes
  • Oct. 28 – SAT School Day
  • Oct. 28 – JV Football vs Terrell – 8 p.m.
  • Oct. 29 – Varsity Football @ Terrell – 7:30 p.m.
  • Nov. 2 – Senior Portraits on Campus
  • Nov. 22-26 – Thanksgiving Break
  • Dec. 4 – Sadie Hawkins Dance
  • Dec. 20-31 – Winter Break
  • Jan. 3 – Staff Development Day

Quick Links