Melissa Theatre’s fall musical ‘Nice Work If You Can Get It’ debuts Nov. 13

Alexis Kiefer

Logan Lowery and Macayla Brown, leads for ‘Nice Work If You Can Get It,’ take promo photos.

Lindsay Anderson, Reporter

On Saturday, Nov. 13, Melissa Theatre will debut their fall musical, “Nice Work If You Can Get It,” at 7 p.m. at the Melissa Arts Center. Tickets are available for purchase now on the school website. They will also offer three more performances: Sunday, Nov. 14 at 2 and 7 p.m. and Tuesday, Nov. 16 at 7 p.m.

The Melissa Theatre program never ceases to amaze Melissa citizens, and state judges alike, and the cast members are more than ready for everyone to see their hard work on display.
“I think I’m most excited for people to see the new stuff we haven’t gotten to showcase before,” senior and lead Logan Lowery said. “All around, we’re just better in every single stance [than we’ve been before].”

This is Lowery’s fourth year in the Melissa Theatre program and is his sixth time landing a leading role. As for him and many other seniors, this musical holds a special place in their high school careers. “I am excited for the audience to see all of the amazing dances… it’s awesome,” junior Kyah Wells said.

When talking to the cast, they were beyond thrilled for the audience to see the choreography and music and considering previous performances by the Melissa Theatre, there is no reason to doubt that it will indeed be amazing.

“It’s become like family, and Ms. Moore and Brenner and Ms. Iennusa have really helped me through a lot of stuff and have just really brought me to where I am today,” senior and lead Macayla Brown said.

This fall musical is the last one for many actors at Melissa, but all of them have high expectations that this will be one of Melissa Theatre’s best works yet.