Christmas music sparks conflict between Cardinals

Pexels.com

Chloe Walton, Social Media & Graphics Editor

As early as October 1, people all over the world begin listening to Christmas music. Many people strongly oppose this activity and have various beliefs about when to start celebrating Christmas. There is a large population of people that stand strongly behind the belief that it is never too early to put on a Christmas playlist.

In a poll by ksl.com, “9% said Dec. 1 is the best time to start listening to holiday music. And the rest, about 11%, think people should ‘always’ listen to Christmas music.”

Even students here are very divided on this controversial topic.

“My opinion on listening to Christmas music is that you can start whenever you want if you have enough Christmas spirit to last until Christmas Day,” junior Stella Rose said. “I think people who oppose listening to Christmas [music] until December are simply Grinches whose hearts need to grow three sizes.”

Other students have completely conflicting opinions and have a lot to say on this subject.

“My opinion is Christmas music shouldn’t be listened to until after Thanksgiving because it’s not Christmas time yet,” junior Cerys Verlander said. “I don’t listen to Christmas music until after Thanksgiving. I love Christmas, but it’s too early for Christmas music!”

People are split on when is a good time to start listening to Christmas music. Or should people listen to Christmas music all year round? What is your opinion? Let us know in the comments below.