Class of 2022 to commemorate final high school days

RODNAE Productions

Lindsay Anderson, Reporter

Since May has begun, the Class of 2022 has several activities and events planned.

The annual Melissa Education Foundation scholarship ceremony will be held on Monday, May 9, at 6 p.m. in the Melissa Arts Center. Winning students and their parents will be contacted before the ceremony.

On Monday, May 23, the Junior and Senior Award Ceremony will also be held in the Melissa Arts Center at 12:35 p.m. Parents will be notified before the ceremony if their child will be receiving an award. It is asked that gentlemen dress in slacks and closed-toed shoes and that young ladies dress in a blouse and slacks or a dress. Open and closed-toed shoes are acceptable for ladies except for flip-flops.

The mandatory Senior Walk will take place Tuesday, May 24. Seniors will walk through the Harry McKillop, North Creek, and Willow Wood elementary schools. Seniors are to report to the bus loop dressed in cap and gown at 8:30 a.m. and will be required to ride the buses to the elementary schools. All seniors should be back at school by 10:30 a.m.

The Cardinal Spirit Challenge, or Field Day (not mandatory) is on Wednesday, May 25, and will take place starting at 12:35 on the practice football field at the high school.
The mandatory Graduation Practice and Senior Picnic will occur on Thursday, May 26. Seniors are to meet at the Student Union to eat pizza at 12:35. After the meal, graduation practice will take place in the gym.

On Friday, May 27, graduation will be held at the Credit Union of Texas Event Center in Allen. Graduates are to report to the event center no later than 8:45 a.m. dressed for graduation. Graduates should have nothing on their person during the actual graduation ceremony, which will begin at 10 a.m.

Diplomas will not be distributed during the ceremony but will be available for pickup along with final transcripts starting Tuesday, June 7.