Cardinal Brief: May 23-27

The+boys+4+x+100+relay+team+poses+with+their+gold+medals+and+trophy.+The+team+won+the+championship+in+this+event+at+the+UIL+4A+Track+%26+Field+State+Meet+in+Austin+on+May+12.+

Nate Hemsley

The boys 4 x 100 relay team poses with their gold medals and trophy. The team won the championship in this event at the UIL 4A Track & Field State Meet in Austin on May 12.

Abbie Chaloupka, Co-Editor-in-Chief

The last Cardinal Update was May 20, 2022, at 12:30 p.m. 

Cardinal Update

• Congratulations to Abi Bass for winning first place in both the girls 3200m and 1600m runs at the 4A Track & Field State Meet on May 12. Congratulations also to the boys 4 x 100 relay team for winning the gold medal at the state meet. The relay team consisted of Jacob Fields, Lincoln Dunn, Clark Packard, and Nathan Adejokun.
  • Semester Exams will be held May 23-26. Click here to view the Exam Schedule. Students in grades 9-11 are required to check in daily for attendance from 8:20-8:30 a.m. with their 2nd or 5th period teacher, regardless of exemption status. When students are ready to leave campus early, they should sign out in the designated area. Freshmen sign out in the Student Union – South; sophomores, Student Union – North; and juniors, Library.
  • Field Day will take place Wednesday afternoon from 12:30-3:30. The grades will be competing against one another in 12 fun events. Students can sign up for events here.
  • Field Day T-Shirts can be picked up in Mrs. Tyner’s classroom #A124 Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday.
  • The Melissa ISD CTE Summer 2022 Student Workforce is accepting applications through May 26. Melissa High School students who will be 16 years old on or before Aug. 1 are eligible. Students will receive on-the-job training from Melissa ISD employee mentors in technology infrastructure, heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC), plumbing, and construction generalist while earning $1,500 upon program completion. There are only 20 spots available. Click here to learn more.
  • Register your student for a Melissa ISD summer camp! Melissa ISD offers a variety of sports and fine arts camps during the summer break from school. Cardinal Camps are led by the coaching staff of Melissa High School. To learn more about this year’s camp offerings and register online, visit www.melissaisd.org/camps.
  • School Day Hours: Melissa ISD has determined the projected school day start and end times, early drop-off times, and early release times for the 2022-2023 school year. Click here to view this information.
  • Summer Office Hours: Beginning June 6, 2022, Melissa Schools will follow a modified schedule during the summer break from school. Click here for an overview of the Melissa ISD summer office hours.

Upcoming Events

• May 23-26 – Semester Exams – click here for schedule
  • May 23 – Junior & Senior Class Awards – MAC – 12:35 p.m.
  • May 24 – Senior Walk – Elementary Campuses – depart from bus loop 8:30 a.m.
  • May 24 – Freshman & Sophomore Class Awards – MAC – 12:35 p.m.
  • May 25 – Field Day – Football Practice Field – 12:30-3:30 p.m.
  • May 26 – Last Day of School  (Bad Weather Makeup Day) – Red Day
  • May 26 – Senior Picnic & Graduation Rehearsal – Student Union – 12:35 p.m.
  • May 27 – Graduation – Credit Union of Texas Event Center in Allen – 10 a.m.

Quick Links