The student news site of Melissa High School

Cardinal Connection

Cardinal Connection

Cardinal Connection

Student Spotlight: Madilyn Cabanag

Keira Barbosa

Madilyn Cabanag is a remarkable 17-year-old high school junior with an extraordinary passion for creativity. She is a multi-talented individual with a keen interest in drawing, video games, and writing. In her free time, Madilyn enjoys writing original stories and characters, which she brings to life through her exceptional illustrations.

Currently, Madilyn is engrossed in “One Piece,” a popular Japanese anime series that has captured her imagination. She is an avid reader and her favorite book is “Uzumaki,” a horror manga series that has left a lasting impression on her.

Madilyn has an adventurous palate and loves to explore different cuisines. Her favorite foods are Chinese, Japanese, and Indian dishes, as she finds them to be rich in flavors and spices.

Madilyn is a devoted pet owner and has two dogs named Alice and Corazon, whom she adores. She is also a music lover and enjoys listening to Japanese Pop and Phonk tunes. Her ultimate dream is to become a renowned author and illustrator, and she also has a keen interest in voice acting.

When Madilyn isn’t creating something new, she loves to unwind by watching anime and reading manga. Although she may not have many hidden talents, she can bend her thumb backwards at will, which is quite fascinating.

Madilyn’s favorite colors vary between dark shades like black, red, and purple, and pastel colors like baby blue, yellow, and flower orange, as she is indecisive.

View Comments (1)