Cardinal Brief: Sept. 6-10

Isabella Vanggaard

Back to School: Students test their math skills in Coach DePaolo’s Algebra II Honors class.

The last Cardinal Update was Sept. 9, 2021, at 1:15 p.m. Check back daily for updates!

Cardinal Update

• Important: If attending Friday’s varsity game against Dallas Carter at Kincaide Stadium (Jesse Owens Memorial Complex), masks MUST be worn and there is a clear bag policy. You must also purchase tickets in advance at GoFan.co. Click to view Dallas ISD Spectator Guidelines, Clear Bag Guidelines, and GoFan Ticketing Guidelines.
  • September 5-11 is National Suicide Prevention Week and September is National Suicide Prevention Month.
  • Picture Day is coming up Sept. 14. All 9th-11th grade students will be photographed. Any new 12th grade student needing an ID or wanting to purchase photos can also be photographed.
  • College Fair is returning in person this year on Sept. 21 from 9-11 a.m. This is only open to juniors and seniors, and must register using this link. Click here to view the flyer.
  • Volleyball is selling their annual “DIG Pink” breast cancer awareness T-shirts. The deadline to order is Sept. 23. Click here for an order form.
  • MISD is now offering drive-thru rapid COVID-19 testing for students and employees. Click here to learn more.
  • The next driver’s ed class will begin Sept. 29. Stop by the front office to pick up paperwork.
  • Early Cardinal Special! Yearbooks are on sale now through Sept. 30 for the lowest price of the year, $55. One FREE line of name stamping is included in that price. Reserve your copy of the 2021-22 yearbook today at balfour.com. If you prefer to pay with cash or check, click here for an order form, or see Ms. Nelson in Room #A136 (in the library) or the front office for a printed copy.
  • The Academy After School Program is hiring child care workers and site managers for the 2021-22 school year. Stop by the front office to pick up a flyer with more info or visit the MISD website. To apply for a job opening, visit the Teacher Job Network.
  • Students wanting assistance with planning for college and/or a career can visit with the Collin College Counselor, Ms. Martinez. Click here for more info and to contact her.

Upcoming Events

• Sept. 7 – Varsity Tennis vs Whitesboro – 4 p.m.
  • Sept. 7 – JV & Varsity Volleyball vs Denison – 5 & 6 p.m.
  • Sept. 9 – JV Tennis @ TBD (Whitesboro or Heritage) – 4 p.m.
  • Sept. 9 – JV Football vs Dallas Carter – 8 p.m.
  • Sept. 10 – JV & Varsity Volleyball @ Celina – 4:30 & 6 p.m.
  • Sept. 10 – Varsity Football @ Dallas Carter – Kincaide Stadium – Jesse Owens Memorial Complex – 7:30 p.m.
  • Sept. 14 – Picture Day
  • Sept. 21 – College Fair
  • Sept. 29 – Driver’s Ed class begins

Quick Links