[Opinion] Prom hairstyle suggestions for students

Saher Asifi, Editor

Prom is coming up soon. It will be held on April 30 at Toyota Stadium in Frisco.

Like any other year, students are planning their outfits, hairstyles, and makeup that will fit with this year’s prom theme “Enchanted Forest.” With only a few weeks to go, students are still figuring out how to style their hair for prom.

Wavy strands with braid(s) (hairstylesecrets.com)
Pinterest.com

One hairstyle idea for the “Enchanted Forest” theme could be waves/curls with braids. When it comes to wavy or curly hair with braids, it looks effortless, and it is less time-consuming. If you are looking for a way to style your hair but spend less time on it, then waves with braids are one way to start.

Pinterest.com
Crowned braid with a knot at the back (hairmotive.com)
Knot hairstyle (raisingteenstoday.com)

If you are looking for a way to put up your hair for prom, then a crowned braid, a knot, or ponytail are some ideas that you can do. Not only will it look elegant, but it can also be a way to keep your hair from getting tangled throughout the night.

Side braid forming from the front (glamgirlblog.com)

As for those who have short hair, one way to style it is by doing a side braid on open hair. It can be hard to style short hair as the options are limited, but doing braids is a simple and classic way to beautify your hair for prom.

Half updo (ecemella.com)
Pinterest.com

If you want to just keep it simple, either straightening, curling, doing waves, or doing a half updo can also take less time, bring out your features, and is one of the most simple looks for a special night out.