Cardinals of the Week: April 12-16

Brianne Finnell, Editor-in-Chief

Melissa High School has started a new feature to honor students and faculty members that display our core values on a consistent basis. Each week one student and one staff member will be spotlighted and awarded a certificate and some treats. The staff member will also be presented with a “traveling trophy.”

This week’s student Cardinal of the Week is senior Brooklee Waltrip.  She was nominated by Mrs. Tyner, who had this to say:

“She is a great student in the classroom and also, she sets a great example for all students. She is in Fashion Design and is one of the older students in class with a slew of freshmen. When she makes below an A on an assignment, she emails to see what she missed so she could make improvements moving forward. She has great energy and is also super fun. She is a joy to have in class and is a fabulous recipient of this award.”

This week’s faculty Cardinal of the Week is Ms. Rachel Nelson. Ms. Nelson works tirelessly to ensure she captures all the different events and achievements earned at MHS.  She goes above and beyond to keep up with the latest news in technology to bring it to her students as well as the school through the Banner News and Cardinal updates.  Her hard work and dedication does not go unnoticed by her peers and administration.  We are extremely grateful for all she does.