Cardinal Brief: Sept. 20-24

Alexis Ware

Senior Rachel Ross (#25) sets up the ball for her teammates. The Lady Cardinals defeated Krum 3 sets to 1 on Aug. 31.

The last Cardinal Update was Sept. 20, 2021, at 9:00 a.m. Check back daily for updates!

Cardinal Update

• College Fair is returning in person this year on Sept. 21 in the gym. Juniors who registered will be able to visit from 9-10 a.m., and seniors who registered will be able to visit from 10-11 a.m. Click here to see the list of colleges; the number indicates their table location. Click here to view a map of the tables.
  • Juniors & Seniors who missed meeting with their alpha counselor last week for a credit check need to set up a time to meet this week. Check your email for more info from Ms. Easter.
  • Wednesday, Sept. 22 is National See You at the Pole Day. Please join FCA at 7 a.m. to celebrate this great event. There will be music, guest speakers, and fellowship with students and community!!
  • Any NHS member interested in running for office needs to see Ms. Harlow, room A229, during advisory on Wed., Sept. 22, to pick up an officer’s packet. The positions to be filled are secretary, treasurer, historian, and parliamentarian.
  • Volleyball is selling their annual “DIG Pink” breast cancer awareness T-shirts. The deadline to order is Sept. 23. Click here for an order form.
  • The next driver’s ed class will begin Sept. 29. Stop by the front office to pick up paperwork.
  • Early Cardinal Special! Yearbooks are on sale now through Sept. 30 for the lowest price of the year, $55. One FREE line of name stamping is included in that price. Reserve your copy of the 2021-22 yearbook today at balfour.com. If you prefer to pay with cash or check, click here for an order form, or see Ms. Nelson in Room #A136 (in the library) or the front office for a printed copy.
  • The PSAT will be offered on campus Oct. 13. This is open to sophomores and juniors only. The deadline to register and pay is Oct. 1. Click here for more info.
  • Homecoming ’21 shirts are now on sale. The deadline to purchase is Oct. 1 for delivery in time for Homecoming on Oct. 22. Click here to order your shirt.
  • Homecoming ’21 festivities will take place Wed., Oct. 20; however, the dance is being postponed. Click here to read Principal Wooten’s letter.
  • Student Council will sponsor a Blood Drive on Oct. 6. Click here for more info.
  • MISD has a new gradebook system this year (replacing the Ascender Parent/Student Portal). Parents/guardians should have received a letter in the mail with information about how to activate their student’s accounts through the Home Access Center (HAC). There is a new “HAC” button in the top red bar on the MISD website, or click here for the HAC support page.

Upcoming Events

• Sept. 21 – College Fair – 9-11 a.m. (Juniors & Seniors only)
  • Sept. 21 – JV & Varsity Volleyball vs Anna – 5 & 6 p.m. – Teacher Appreciation Night
  • Sept. 22 – National See You at the Pole Day – 7 a.m.
  • Sept. 23 – 9th Football (Red) @ Lewisville – 5 p.m.
  • Sept. 23 – 9th Football (Black) vs Celina – 5 p.m.
  • Sept. 23 – JV Football vs Paris – 8 p.m.
  • Sept. 24 – JV & Varsity Volleyball @ Aubrey – 4:30 & 6 p.m.
  • Sept. 24 – Varsity Football @ Paris – 7:30 p.m.
  • Sept. 25 – Cross Country @ Denison HS – 7 a.m.
  • Sept. 29 – Driver’s Ed class begins
  • Oct. 6 – Blood Drive – 8:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
  • Oct. 11 – Fair Day – School Holiday
  • Oct. 13 – PSAT/NMSQT
  • Oct. 16 – Cardinal Autumn Classic (Speech & Debate only)
  • Oct. 18-22 – Homecoming Week
  • Oct. 27 – Picture Retakes

Quick Links