Homecoming week kicks off Oct. 25

Patrick Wilcox

Students display their Cardinal spirit wear and mums during Homecoming Week 2021.

Jayla Hunter, Reporter

It’s time to get into the homecoming spirit!

Homecoming Week is scheduled for October 25-29, and it will be a week full of dress-up themes. It’s a time for students to express themselves and participate in a school tradition.

Tuesday, Oct. 25 will be Character Day. Anything from movies, to TV shows, to action, comedy or drama is great for Character Day. Students must be respectful, however, and not wear any masks.

October 26 will be Wacky Wednesday, so Cardinals should be the wackiest they can be. Some suggestions are to wear anything mismatched, backwards or inside out. Students can even have crazy hair!

Thursday, Oct. 27, will be Decades Day; each grade will be assigned a decade.

And, of course, Friday, Oct. 28 will be Spirit Day! The best day yet, students should deck themselves out in Cardinal attire to make their school colors pop. For those that are stuck and need some ideas for these dress up days, Pinterest is an awesome source for getting new inspiration.

The community-wide festivities will take place on Wednesday evening of Homecoming Week at Cardinal Stadium. These events include tailgating (5 p.m.), the parade (6:30 p.m.) and then the pep rally will follow the parade. Visit the homecoming page on the district website for the most up-to-date information.

The senior class elected a homecoming court last week consisting of five guys and five girls. The king and queen will be crowned prior to the varsity football game at approximately 7 p.m. on Oct. 28. The district game against the Princeton Panthers will kick off at 7:30 p.m.

Finally, the week will end with the homecoming dance on Saturday evening, Oct. 29, from 8-11 p.m. The dance will be held in the auxiliary gym and will have a decades theme (50s-90s). Students cannot wear spiked heels or boots on the gym floor.

The student union will have board and card games, arcade games, and other games like cornhole, ping pong, Jenga,  checkers and Connect 4. There will be desserts and snacks in the student union as well as drinks. These are all included in the ticket fee. 

There will also be a photo area for pictures. 

Dress for the dance is semi-formal. It is a time for students to get dressed up a bit. There is a dress code that students must follow.