Academic Expo

Academic+Expo

Carly Maisel and Carly Maisel

The Academic Expo is scheduled for Wednesday, Feb. 7 from 6:00 – 7:30 p.m. in the high school gym. This is a come and go event for both the students and their parents.

“The Academic Expo is important for students and parents to attend because it allows them to further understand what they will be taking on the next school year,” Mrs.Chapman, counselor, said. “There are posters, more information, and of course the teacher/sponsor there to help out and answer any questions.”

There will be an 8th grade student/parent meeting prior to the expo, beginning at 5:30 p.m. in the high school cafeteria, with additional information for incoming freshmen.

“Getting the freshman prepared for their next four years in high school is our main goal,” Mrs.Chapman said. “We want to ensure that their high school careers are fit to them and their future.”

All course request forms are due Feb. 15, 2018 to the english teachers. All 8th graders must turn in the PGP (Personal Graduation Plan) form as well.

“I would recommend bringing the course request sheet to fill out during the event,” Chapman said. “Determine which classes are required for the endorsement area(s), prioritize which electives matter most to [your] endorsement plan, and asking and all questions you may have.”