The student news site of Melissa High School

Cardinal Connection

Cardinal Connection

Cardinal Connection

5 artists recognized for work displayed at 2023 TAEA conference

Students receive recognition for artwork displayed at the 2023 Texas Art Education Association’s Conference (TAEA) held in Nov. 17-18, 2023.

The art program had five students chosen to showcase their artwork in the Texas Art Education Association (TAEA) Conference at the Marriott Allen Convention Center on Nov. 17-18, 2023.
Over 5,000 teachers from all over the state of Texas attended and viewed the work of the students.

Congratulations to these students who received a Certificate of Exhibition: sophomore Sylar Riebel; juniors Keira Barbosa, Crischa Tuscano and Logan Venner; and senior Madison Mitchell.

Scholastic Art and Writing Awards: 6 Reasons Why Students Should Apply

The Scholastic Art and Writing Awards is a great opportunity for young artists to showcase their creative achievements. It is the largest and longest-running recognition program for young artists in the United States. It provides opportunities for students in grades 7-12 to earn recognition, exhibition, publication, and scholarship awards for their artwork. The program is open to all students who attend public, private, or home schools in the United States, and it celebrates the diversity of creative expression among young artists.

If students are interested in participating in the Scholastic Art and Writing Awards, there are several key rules that they must follow. First, all submissions must be original work created by the student artist. Second, they can submit work in a variety of categories, such as painting, poetry, and journalism. Third, they must follow the guidelines for each category, including word count and file format. Fourth, they can submit multiple works but only win one award per category. Finally, all submissions must be received by the deadline to be considered for an award.

So, young artists looking for recognition and opportunities to showcase their work should consider applying for the Scholastic Art and Writing Awards. It could be a great way to gain exposure and earn scholarship awards.