Academic Expo rescheduled for Feb. 9 to help students request courses for upcoming school year

Saher Asifi, Editor

Halfway through yet another school year, counselors are preparing students to do their course requests for next school year.

On Wednesday, Feb. 9, there will be an Academic Expo for incoming grades 9-12, in which parents and students can gather more information about the programs and classes that will be offered for the 2022-23 school year. The Expo will be held in person on the high school campus. (The Expo was originally scheduled for Feb. 2 but was postponed due to winter weather.)

Incoming freshman (8th grade) students and parents are invited to attend a meeting at 5:30 p.m. in the auditorium of the Melissa Arts Center (MAC). Then, all current 9th-11th grade students and parents are encouraged to walk through the Academic Expo from 6-7:30 p.m. The core classes and world languages will be set up in the Student Union, and all elective classes will be located in the auxiliary gym.

Course request forms are due Feb. 11, 2022. Students that will be entering their freshman year in the upcoming fall of 2022 must turn in their course request forms at the middle school main office. Current 9th grade students must turn in their course request forms to their geography teacher, and 10th-grade students must turn in theirs to their world history teacher. Juniors should turn their forms into their English 3 teacher.

All students have until May 13 to ask for a course request change. Once the new school year begins in the fall, students will not be allowed to change their elective courses.

For more information click on the links below:

​​Academic Expo – website for all presentations and forms

Course Selection & Scheduling | Melissa High School